Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Company Of Six

It's plain to see I am in good company for the paladin, Antony Toral Gregorio II has joined my group, and has to a strong degree endeared me to his righteous cause to vanquish the abominable denizens of Harrowstone Prison.

Rinleeze has agreed to stay on at the mansion, protecting the late Professor's daughter with his life. The rest will return to Harrowstone after some healing and sleep.

We are a company of six men:
  • Brother Phiroz Iraln of Caliphas (a black friar of Pharasma);
    • I am, after all, a man like other men but gifted with a love of science, scholarship, and devotion to the goddess of death, the mother of souls.
  • Mstislav (a warlock with a pet dragon named Tecsok (Tea-chalk));
    • Somewhat reclusive, but altogether competent, Mstislav is an enigma, but one that I would always want beside me in battle, and frankly not a bad conversationalist, especially under the influence of fine spirits.
  • Gregor (a man from the most noble of professions, a grave digger);
    • Gregor's logic is admirable, and on more than one occasion has proven himself wise in the way of choices that matter. I shall keep his advisement under advisement.
  • Antony Toral Gregorio II (a determined paladin of Luminares);
    • I can only assume from my scholarly reading in the old religion that he means "clarissima mundi lumina", the world's clearest light. Thus I must inquire whether he is a follower of a moon goddess. Either way, his righteousness is nearly infectious, and it is inspiring to be in the company of such a stalwart defender of faith.
  • Mel (an inspiring if not quiet bard)
    • I have moments when I forget Mel is there, but then suddenly feel inspired by his... er, what exactly does he do?
  • Urgilash (a deathwish barbarian);
    • I've met his kind before. He presents as strong, protective and helpful, but in a pinch when confronted with death--he chooses death. And frankly, my goddess wouldn't advise me to meddle in his quest to join her. I shall, instead, be supportive of his noble mission, but as we Black Friar's often say, "not this year, not yet".
Our direction has been to clear Harrowstone of evil. Most recently a ghastly fight with an animated furnace has left us beaten, burnt, and depleted of resources. I shall update my journal again tomorrow, once we have learned more of this macabre institution.

No comments:

Post a Comment